HRBOR Business Series - Will You Marry ... ?
HRBOR, in partnership with Mass Mutual, presents the first in a series of three educational series.
Will You Marry…?
Marriage is an expression of the commitment, love and affection that two people have for one another. In our society, it is also a legal framework and a financial integration of the two individuals. Just like the traditional marriage vows, the act of getting married or the mere contemplation of getting married requires important decisions, considerations and planning. For same sex couples, understanding this is more important today than it has ever been.
Whether you are already married, deciding to get married, or haven’t decided what to do, the information presented in this seminar should help you identify some of the new and important issues that are impacted by “marriage” and motivate you to discuss them with your legal and financial advisors so they may be appropriately addressed.
After attending this event, you will be more aware of:
- Potential changes required for retirement plan and insurance beneficiary designations
- The need to investigate Social Security retirement options
- The impact of marriage on Federal Income Taxes
- The impact of marriage on employer provided health insurance plans
- Necessary changes for essential estate planning documents
Tell a Friend